Welcome to Rockwall Area Retired Teachers Association
RARTA is an affiliate of Texas Retired Teachers Association, the voice for public education retirees. TRTA affliliate members across the state rely on the knowledge and opportunities available from becoming a member of TRTA and a local unit, such as RARTA.
Here is a welcome note from our new RARTA Local Unit President Joan Wells:
"I am excited about our new year! We will be trying a few new things this year. There will be 6 meetings instead of 8. There will be 3 meetings in the fall (September, October, and November), and 3 meetings in the spring (March, April, and May). The meetings will be on the 2nd Monday of the month except for March.
The building will be closed for Spring Break on the 2nd Monday of March 2017, so we will meet on the 1st Monday which is March 6th, 2017. We meet at the Rockwall ISD Administration Building in the Board Room. From 1:15 p.m.-1:45 p.m. light snacks are served. The program begins at 1:45 p.m.
Each month we are challenged, encouraged, and motivated by various programs and speakers. We are going to keep the business part of our meetings very short. I encourage each of you to attend and get your friends and acquaintances to join. Looking forward to seeing each of you on September 12!"
SIX GREAT REASONS TO JOIN RARTA!
- RARTA participate in a Book Project each year which benefits Rockwall and Royse City elementary children with books to read. Last year members donated over 400 books.
- RARTA members are encouraged to volunteer their services to the community.
- RARTA members are encouraged to walk, exercise or get some kind of physical activity every day.
- RARTA members correspond with legislators.
- RARTA members enjoy exciting programs covering a wide variety of topics.