Welcome to PARSE
"It is magnificent to grow older - if one keeps young while doing it."
Harry Emerson Fosdick
2015-2017 PARSE Officers
(L-R) Denise Birkholz Pineault, Marsha Mikulencak, Monica Ridgeway, Betty Munz, Julia Grigg, Jim Woodall
WHAT DO PARSE MEMBERS DO?
- Along with T.R.T.A ., we work with active associations to support salary increases and retirement benefit improvements.
- Along with T.R.T.A., we work to make funding of health care insurance for retirees and active school personnel a priority.
- Yearly, we provide scholarships to Pasadena area education students.
- We volunteer our time to fill Christmas stockings for the Salvation Army.
- We also collect new books to give to children who otherwise would not own a book.
- We enjoy a wide variety of monthly programs which include interesting and informative speakers, performing groups, and Health Services information.
- Members share interesting trips, tours, luncheons, and sporting events throughout the year.
- Members stay connected with former colleagues as well as making new friends.
PARSE Mission Statement
- To promote the interest of retired school employees
- To achieve interest in national, state and local affairs
- To keep a keen interest in legislation of the Texas Retirement System
- To present the image of aging as one of dignity, purpose and independence
Your participation in TRTA and with this local unit is greatly appreciated. If you have not yet joined TRTA or your local unit, please contact the TRTA office at 1.800.880.1650. Membership in the Pasadena Area Retired School Employees is for all retired school employees from the Pasadena area. A membership application form can be viewed and printed from the Resources page of this site..
Last revision: September 2, 2016